Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Break 1 over!

We made it through our first break during our year round homeschooling! Monster had plenty of time to rest up and chill out while I got him ready for a weekend of fun at church camp!

Him and his Dad left with over 100 1st and 2nd graders for their mini camp weekend last Friday at 2:30 pm.



They were off and I was left with nothing to do! Only because my plans on both evenings just happened to get cancelled or rescheduled! I literally had a weekend where I had nothing to do. Church on Saturday night, but other than that I relaxed, cleaned some and relaxed some more! 

My boys got home Sunday afternoon from camp. 


He had a blast and was so tired from all the fun he had. Next year he goes for 5 days instead of 1 full day and 2 half days. 

On Monday I allowed him to take the day off from any school work and rest up! We usually do schooling Monday through Thursday. But this week I told him we could do Tuesday through Friday. 

We also found Reading Rainbow on Netflix! This was a favorite of mine as a kid. Monster has really enjoyed it as well. 

Tuesday, Monster really wanted to wear an old Halloween costume while doing his school work. It needed to be washed. So HE washed it and then put them in the dryer to dry! 

He also decided Tuesday to make himself lunch. 

We were finally able to sit down and get some school work done. I bought this little desk while he was gone to use for a upcoming photo shoot I have. He decided he would use it for now as his work space. 

That brings us to this morning where I woke up to this in my face. I am thinking this costume just might disappear again... 

We have also started a new History that I will be showing you all once he gets a little bit more through it. We just started it today. 

Math is going great with him using CTCMath. I have really enjoyed him using this program. 

Language Arts this week we are reading The White Stallion and learning different parts of the horse. 

Science is him picking out a science kit from our stack and us working on it. 

History I will share soon :) 

He also has free reading time and book reports I started him on the week before break 1. This is just helping to get him to read more and write more. 

Awanas also starts back in Sept. and this year he will be in the older group and he is very excited about that! 

Hope everyone has a great day! We have been staying indoors this week due to the extreme heat we have here in Texas right now. It is even too hot to swim... 








No comments: